After Johnson & Johnson got hit with a $1 billion verdict last week, plaintiffs lawyers were quick to paint a portrait of the company as an aggressive litigator uninterested in settling whose actions have prompted juries to award gargantuan punitive damages. It's the same refrain that plaintiffs attorneys have been touting this year as Johnson & Johnson has gotten hammered with five big verdicts over its hip implants and talcum powder products.
- Two Women Named to Lead Plaintiffs' Team in Talc MDL
- NJ High Court Declines Appeal in $11M Pelvic Mesh Verdict
- Bill Would Create Law Clerkships on Capitol Hill
- An Insider Trading Statute is Necessary to Provide Clarity
- Lawyers Must Be Ready to Fight for the Rule of Law
- FDA Not Liable for $15 Million in Damages Sought by Produce Grower for Food Safety Warning Error